Sunday, July 12, 2009

The most CRAZY-AWESOME 2 days yet!!!!

Hey home base! It's J-HUGE (the tall guy)

Sorry things have been crazy (in the best sense of the word) so I'll try to cover the last 2 days the best I can in this blog! A lot has happened in a short amount of time so here we go!


Anthony and I looking in the mirror at how gross we look after being sick!

Day 7----

We survived! The previous day half the team got pretty sick (I got it the worst I think, I stayed in the hotel room for around 30 hours). But today we were all "resurrected" and happy to be alive! After feeding the kids breakfast Roshan took all of us out to the "Lions and Tigers Safari." Roshan went up to the gate to pay for all of us but when Mike went up after him the price to get in went from 30 rupees each to 200 each (which 200 rupees is only like 5ish bucks but still, that's lame). Once we all got inside our tour bus monkeys pretty much surrounded us. I'm not sure but it might have something to do with throwing nuts out the window? The Safari was a lot of fun and we all got some pretty sweet pictures!



After the Safari we headed back to Happy Home for a show, i would argue, way better than the Safari! The kids had prepared a bunch of dances and skits to perform for us. It was a blast to sit and watch all these kids performing to Indian-praise-hip-hop dance music! One of the coolest parts was that some of the older kids did a skit from Mark 5 where the woman is healed by touching a corner of Jesus' garments. Mike had just taught a devotional out of that passage to us that morning! I thought that was pretty cool!



Day 8----

I have never done this much in one day as i have today! Our day started with Roshan getting us up early to go to an elephant reserve. It was INCREDIBLE! We drove out to this place and walked down to a lake straight out of the Jungle Book to see a bunch of Indian men scrubbing down elephants in the water. We got to go help wash them and sit on them and take a ton of sweet new facebook pictures. But this was only the beginning. All 14ish of us loaded onto a big canoe type thing and we went for a little boat ride along this amazing lake. On our way back it started pouring down rain and on top of that Roshan almost flipped the boat over! It more just added to the adventure but if Rosh had flipped us over we would have all been pretty unhappy!




After taking a few more pictures with our elephant friends we took off to see the new property for the new Happy Home. It started raining again so we couldn't stay long, but we all huddled up in our rain jackets and our feet literally covered in mud and prayed over the land. Keep praying that everything will come together in the building of the new Happy Home!




As we were returning to Happy Home Roshan decided to take the scenic route back. However, driving this way with Roshan reminded most of us of the Indiana Jones ride in Disney World. We ended up getting to a part of the road where the mud was SUPER deep so Rosh tried powering through it in his little but mighty van. However, we got stuck. Really stuck. For the guys though, it ended up being a really fun bonding experience as we pushed and lifted this little van out of the mud. It was quite the adventure!




We got back to Happy Home to hang out with kiddos, mop some floors and the MEN are working on building a medicine cabinet and fixing up the bathrooms. Just another eventful couple days at a very special place in this world. :)

Thanks for all your prayers friends and family! Your posts are a huge encouragement (we all sit and read them together)! We are all learning and growing so much each day we spend here! I'm sure there will be tons more stories to tell once we get back about all that God has showed us during this time. Thanks again to all to all you guys! Be blessed!

Jordan HUGE

11 comments:

Dave and Vickie Hughes said...

Hey Jordan great to hear from you and know you are ok after 30 hours of being sick. Hmmm not something your mom loves to hear but glad to know you are better. Wow, what adventures you all are having. Mike and Melissa you HAVE to lead an old people's group someday and I will be the first to sign up! The skits and songs from the kids sounded so amazing. Thanks again for keeping us updated! Continually praying for you!!

Amanda said...

WOW! What a packed day! Thats so amazing you guys got to see the elephants. Isn't that the coolest thing!? That was a cool story about the kids doing a skit from the same passage you taught about that morning. How fun.

I must say...those pictures of the can stuck in the mud look PRETTY familiar! :-) I am so happy for all of you guys and so jealously not jealous. If that makes sense? It doesn't actually.

Love you all so much still praying for you every time we think of you!

Love,
Amanda and Ben,

& our new puppy Tangle too :-)

Danielle Higginbotham said...

Jordan~ PTL(praise the lord, he came up with it last year :)) that you guys are feeling better. That's no fun! That is so rad about the elephants, It looked like a lot of fun. I really wish I was there to experience all the fun adventures and of course the children.

Anthony~ i've been praying for you and hoping that you feel better if you haven't already. I'm so excited to hear all your amazaing stories when you get back!
I'm hoping that after your experiance in India that you wont feel the need to rake your carpets to look perfect and clean once a week. For those of you that dont know Anthony, he likes to have his things spotless. If there's one cat hair on the stove, his world is upside down! So this trip should break him in a little bit. Sorry Anthony I had to! My mom says Hi and that she misses you! Be safe!

Kellie~ I hope that you are doing ok!! I loved seeing the pictures of you and the kids. I wish I could be there to teach a class with you! I'm excited for you to come home and tell me all your fun stories! Love yea!

Take care everybody!
love,
Danielle

Lisa said...

WOW!Aren't you glad you aren't sick anymore-you would have missed all of those amazing adventures! I totally agree with the Hughes, Mike and Melissa - when you lead the Old Folks on a trip-we'll be there! (As long as we can bring our walkers)..Happy to see all of your beautiful smiling faces (and glad to see Emma in a couple of photos):) Keep the great updates coming and know that you are in our prayers constantly!

Dave and Vickie Hughes said...

Jordan...my son...we are glad (heave)...that you are back to good health (heave). We did hear (heave)...that you had a rough go of it for a short while (heave) but hat you have now returned to normal (heave). Your mother and I, are of course, anxious to see what this looks like! {:-) Wondering if you are hand feeding the wildlife? The pictures of all the kid's are great. Solid Rock shared pictures and video at church this morning for all to see...it was good to see all of you guys. As always...we enjoy the updates and know that God is doing great things through you and the group.

Bob I hear you are rooming with my son. I must say that I am somewhat concerned that you will return from this trip wearing one of Jordan's "muscle" shirts and desiring to eat and drink strange foods.

We continue to pray for you all

Sincerely (heave!!)
Dave (a.k.a "Jordan's Dad")

P.S. - Jordan...I am correct once again...I told several people that you would be sick by the weekend! :-o Stay healthy!!

Allison Newell said...

So I watched the video you guys made at church today and let me tell you, 10 minutes into Phil's sermon I was still crying like a baby! How I LONG to be there with you and just touch those sweet children's faces. You will understand this longing when you return home because it will never go away. Isn't it wonderful to have a family now on the other side of the world? Thank you for sharing and thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus.

I know you've noticed, but remember that a simple touch or hug or smile makes those sweet children's days! They aren't what's called "lovely" in their country and the acts that you're doing will forever impact them:)

Rosh- I never knew you were a rapper! You've taken up a new talent. You're not a rapping, black belted, stunt man with a hear the size of India! Any other hidden talents we don't know about? Miss you brother! Please give Mama a huge hug for me as well.

Sorry this is way longer than I intended.

Love you all and miss you!

Allison Newell said...

Oh and Melissa.... Harmonize this....
"EEhHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Love you:)

elizabeth embracing life said...

The video in church brouht home the ministry you are all sharing and caring for. Wow is all I have to say. Praise God for your time there and stay healthy.

reid.stady said...

Jordan Hughes! Thanks for writing! Sorry to hear that you guys were getting sick, but I'm sure even that was used for good!

Jess! So last time you went on a mission you played with a tarantula! This time you stepped it up even more...an elephant! I miss you guys all so much and I'm glad to hear you're having such a fantastic time! Really excited too, I hear at church tonight there will be a video from you guys!

Those pictures of you guys getting stuck in the mud look pretty intense! I'm glad it turned into such a good bonding experience for you boys!

Miss you all (and a certain someone even more)! You and everyone at HHFTH are in my prayers tonight! Love you guys, and I can't wait for the next blog post!

-Reid =D

"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God." - I Peter 1:22-23

annaphou said...

JHUGE!
It's good to hear from you! And I'm so glad everyone is feeling better and back up on their feet to hang out with the kids and be on some crazy awesome adventures. And Jess, your blog entry was so touching to hear about the Lord breaking you guys and blessing you all immensely. The video you guys sent us today was so awesome! Makes me want to be there with you guys! And thank you for keeping us posted on your adventures. Praying for you guys! Love you all!

Annie Phou.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for writing these blog posts and taking all the incredible pictures! The video they showed at church was amazing! I love every one of the kids I see and wish you could bring the Happy Home home with you. I'm praying for all of you and your health and for every day to be awesome blessed!

-Briana N.