Monday, July 14, 2008

Saying our Goodbyes...

As the team pulled up into Happy Home this morning, I don't know if anyone expected such a sad goodbye. We spent some time with the kids, giving hugs and kisses, and telling them how much we love them, feeling so much love in return. When it was time to go, most of us were in tears as we thought about having to leave this place that we've grown to love so much, these kids we've come to adore. Seeing many of the children crying made it so hard to leave. I will never forget those sad faces waving goodbye to us as our bus left the property. Happy Home will forever be ingrained in our hearts. We will never forget those sweet faces, loving hugs, crazy hand games, gentle touches, quirky personalities and adorable smiles. Our team has been so blessed by our time at Happy Home!







With heavy hearts, we headed toward the train station to start our journey to Ongole. Our first train ride was about 1.5 hours and was a nice break for us to all sit together and just relax. As we waited to board the second train that would take us to Bangalore, the team started talking about last year's trip and the running and throwing of bags that was involved. This made us all a bit anxious, but thankfully we all made it on the train safely and no one was left behind:) I don't know how he did it, but after about a half hour into the ride Roshan had managed to get seats for the whole team in the air-conditioned car of the train. It was a great way to spend the 3 hours!

We arrived in Bangalore and headed to our hotel. Since we've been at the hotel, we've been enjoying the clean rooms and comfy beds. Our afternoon was nice as we all got a chance to relax and get some rest before our long train ride tomorrow! We headed up to the hotel restaurant on the roof of the building for dinner and were greeted by a nice cool breeze, the honking of the cars below, and fireworks!! Dinner on the roof was a fun way to spend the last time our whole team would be together. Bob had to leave for the airport right after dinner to go back home to be with his family. It's been such a blast to have Bob on this team and we've loved getting to know him! We love you Bob and we miss you already!


--Courtney Sell

8 comments:

Larry Carter said...

Hey Benjamin,
I just went back and looked at the pix from last years trip to Jog Falls and noticed that you are wearing the same shirt on this year's hike to the falls that you wore last year...I certainly hope you have washed it sine then!!!

Larry

Jeanne said...

Dear India team with one missing,
I trust you had a good trip to Ongole and are having just as much fun with all those students in Simpson's orphanage. My one regret last year was that we didn't get to spend more time there and that the Pattons were too sick to enjoy what little time we did have there. I hope you will get to go to the Bay of Bengal but as Jim Courson suggested, don't get any of the ocean water into your mouths!!! After this portion of your trip, you will be headed in a different direction than we did last year so I expect LOTS of photos of those new sights. I will be praying that you all get/remain healthy, that you get a bit of rest, that you enjoy the time you have left in India and that you will be safe on the way home. It is something that you will have in your hearts for eternity...and that is a VERY LONG TIME
;-) So enjoy all the sights, sounds, smells and people you have contact with as Jesus shines through you to all those lost souls. And I will be praying for the missing member (AKA Bob) that he will have a safe and uneventful trip back to Oregon.
x0x0x0x0x0x0x0 to all, especially Reema & Rochan as they get to go on another adventure with their Oregon brothers & sisters!
Jeanne

Dave and Vickie Hughes said...

Praying for your time in Ongole. May it be an opportunity to grow and to touch even more lives (and may those same lives touch yours in return!)!

At this point I am praying that God would strengthen you for the home stretch (Isaiah 41:10).

Jordan...the testosterone levels at home are dropping dramatically...your mother and sister's are threatening me with Jane Austen Movies (i.e. Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, Emma...and more!!!). PLEASE!!! Come home quickly!!!! ;-)

Blessings,
Dave (Dad)

P.S. Jordan...I am also praying that God will help you to resist temptation (i.e. "warm milkshakes" which will have adverse affects on your system). Mr Courson and I will head to Burgerville...and "toast" to your good health...with the shake of the month!

Todd and Danita Newell said...

So glad to get traveling news. Sounds like Roshan is the travel agent I'd like to have with me. He will miss you all bunches, I'm sure. I hope the sickness issues are subsiding and that you can now focus on your next venture. Ben, we have been praying for your part in leading this team. We know God is working through you because of a submissive heart. Your passion for life is contagious! Sounds like you now have an official Jog Falls hiking shirt. Add that to your favorite shirt collection.

Love you guys!

Mom

Rach said...

Can't wait to see you guys! It seems like you have been gone way longer than like 10 days. Amanda I'm glad you can finally live out your dream of living/visiting the Taj Mahal....guess your dream of being a pioneer on the Oregon Trail will have to come later in life. You are in our prayers always! see you soon

bob roach said...

Hey my travel brothers and sisters,
Thank you for your prayers getting me home. I've made it home safely!
I just have to say; that each one of you blessed my life in so many special ways! I am honored to consider you all my "friends" and to be a part of "Team India".
Jordan, I had a slurpee in your honor. (I made sure it was cold) hahaha!!!
I'll be keeping you all in my daily prayers. Enjoy the beauty that The Father will be setting out before you.
(Hey Ben, any new fresh ones in the train station???)
I pray your train travels are merciful!
I'll be seeing you all on the next blog.
Love, Bob

Dave and Vickie Hughes said...

Bob...Welcome Home!!! I'm sorry to hear that you have been influenced by my 18 year old son (you should have called me...we could have partaken in the "Slurpee" together)!

Shirley said...

Hey Court,

Thanks for keeping us all posted on your trip in India. I loved hearing about Happy Home and seeing all the pics. Wow, what sweet, beautiful children. I'm sure it was very difficult, like you said, to leave them. It sounds like everyone was blessed by that experience. I will continue to keep each of you in my prayers as you continue on your journey. I look forward to hearing more about your whereabouts and seeing more pics. Taj Mahal yet?? Just wish I was there with you:)

Love you and miss you!!
Stace